And you thought less was more. With lavish Mediterranean touches throughout, everything about this classic villa is grandly proportioned, including a particularly arresting view of the peninsula, surrounding mountains and warmer waters of the False Bay coastline.
Located in the epicentre of Greater Cape Town and gracing the mountainside above a tranquil Lake District on the warmer False Bay coastline. Colona Castle is a splendid Small Luxury Boutique Hotel, a magical Villa and a 5-Star graded Mediterranean retreat offering character, exclusivity and infinite charm from which to explore fascinating Cape Town, the Cape Peninsula and the Winelands.
Majestic panoramic views of the Cape Peninsula stretch from Constantia, Table Mountain across the Winelands and the sapphire blue waters of False Bay, the South Atlantic Ocean to Cape Hangklip.
Colona Castle – More Info
In this refined haven of serenity with secluded and lush mountain gardens, discerning visitors are assured of outstanding hospitality, exceptional personal service, and haute cuisine. Five luxurious and exceptionally decorated full Suites, two Superior Bedrooms and a Family Suite cater for every comfort and convenience: superb quality amenities and linen, satellite flat screen TVs, wireless internet, digital safes, heated towel rails, underfloor heating, air-conditioning, marble bathrooms, private balconies…. All Suites and interiors are furnished with treasured antiques and objets d’art collected over many years. A sparkling swimming pool overlooks Winelands, Table Mountain, lake, beaches and sea.
Our Executive Chef’s inspired presentations are an artful combination of the Cape’s finest and freshest organic ingredients – a rare culinary delight in the superb architecture of the candlelit Dining Hall while enjoying breathtaking views of city lights and moonlit sky. Alternatively, discerning visitors may enjoy a myriad of excellent restaurants in the vicinity.
Wonderful leisure options include an extensive activities list:
- picturesque mountain or beach walks, water sports, bird watching, whale watching, sightseeing…
- Golfers paradise with several world-class golf courses within a few minutes.
- Therapeutic Massages and Spa treatments can be organized upon request
- A special microclimate ensures that our weather is very pleasant all year round. With lesser rainfalls, Lakeside is usually warmer in winter and cooler in summer than surrounding areas.
- French and Swahili spoken.
Colona Castle – Facts
8 units: 3 Superior Rooms – 5 Suites with private patios, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, heated towel rails, under floor heating, electronic safes and mini-bars
- Breakfast inclusive
- IT ports & Wi-fi Internet
- 18 hour room service
- Garden, terraces & swimming pool
- Satellite Flat Screen TV (CNN & BBC)
- Private dining
- In room fax on request
- 24 hour security
- Laundry & Valet
- Airport transfers arranged
- Secretarial services ad-hoc
- Private & secure parking
Colona Castle – Activities in and around Cape Town
- Kalk Bay Fishing Village, Trendy & fun restaurants and shops
- Shop at the V&A Waterfront and Canal Walk
- Scenic Drives
- Drive to Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope
- Tour around the Winelands – Constantia Wine Route starts 5minutes away – Stellenbosch 35mins
- Take the Sightseeing Train along the coast from False Bay to Simons Town.
- Legendary fine sand Beaches within minutes of Lakeside
- Watersports, Enjoy the warmer sea
- Spot the Whales & Dolphins (May to November) from Boyes Drive or take a Boat Ride
- Shark Diving
- Walks with panoramic views
- Visit Robben Island
- Discover Baboons on a guided walk
- Visit Simonstown and the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Birdwatching & spot the Hippos and small wild animals in the Rondervlei Reserve wetlands
- Golf, 4 world-class Golf courses within minutes
- Go up Table Mountain
- Picnic in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Take a Township Tour
- Museums – Het Post Huys the oldest building in South Africa â€“
- Muizenberg, Battle of Muizenberg Historical site
- Theatre and concerts
Mosaic Private Sanctuary
Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
The Andros Deluxe Boutique Hotel
The Homestead at Oldenburg Vineyards