Chikunto Safari Lodge
Treat yourself to experience the small-scale, sustainable, understated luxury lodge, that offers guiding with encyclopaedic knowledge of bush lore, garnered over twenty-five years of safari guiding, scrumptious meals and ample game
Chikunto Safari Lodge is located in the iconic South Luangwa National Park, located approximately 60 minutes’ drive from Mfuwe airport. Set along the banks of the mighty Luangwa River at Big Bend, the owner-run lodge offers guests an authentic encounter of the area, underpinned by responsible tourism practices. Accommodating twelve guests and comprising just five luxury tents, one of which is a two-bedroomed family tent, there is more to this property than meets the eye. It has all the modern touches, yet executed in the most authentic earthy way The lap pool offers a unique counter flow system for those who wish to do more than just cool off!
Guests can take exploratory boat trips along the Luangwa River (February through April), game drives or nature walks (mid-April through mid-November). The cuisine is a real highlight at Chikunto Safaris. Each meal is a delicious, home spun creation.
Chikunto Safari Lodge
Why stay here?
A Classic Safari Camp situated in its own private concession deep in the Sinamatella area, situated in the north part of the Hwange National Park. Hwange National Park is Zimbabwe’s largest park and is truly one of its best. Our Camp is a 4 hour drive from Victoria Falls. One hour being on a very good tarred road and the next hour to Sinamatella on a dirt road. The nal 2 hours will be through the National Park and will be treated as a game drive. Camp Hwange is a very intimate camp, perfect for guests who want a truly wilderness experience and a wonderful feeling of being in large open areas.
- The main living area includes a dining, bar and lounge area with an open air fire pit with incredible view of the stars
- Fully inclusive rate includes all meals, beverages, accommodation, activities, laundry & medical evacuation cover. Park fess and transfers are not included.
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature are not included
- Children over the age of 8 years are most welcome, children at Camp Hwange should be under the supervision of their parents or guardian at all times. • Children ages 8 to 12 years will be charged 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 years will be charged full adult rate. • All children aged between 8 & 14years should be accompanied by one parent or guardian in the room at night
- The age limit for children on a walking safari is 12 years and above, however, this will be at the discretion of the Professional Guide in camp.
- Families with children are assigned their own vehicle. Depending on the number of pax the family may be required to hire their own vehicle. 4 pax & below.
- All guests must sign our indemnity form
- 220v electricity through inverter is supplied to all the chalets. All Chalets have a universal bank of adaptors to fit everyone’s needs • Private vehicles can be arranged prior to arrival at an additional charge
Activities on Site
Our activities are centred on game drives and walks or a combination of the two. We are able to conduct these activities on our private concession and we also have access to the Hwange National Park as a whole. Walks are especially exciting and our professional licensed guides pride themselves on their knowledge of the big and small things that make up the environment. We also oer night drives on our concession where you get to experience what goes on in the wild after dark. There are a number of water holes in the area that attract an abundant variety of animals and birdlife.